*Warning: mental health post coming up!*
Today’s post was supposed to be about my 15 minute makeup routine but I am pushing that to tomorrow (spoiler alert lolz). I usually have it together most Christmas seasons. I make my shopping list and slowly chip away at it, wrap up my gifts, and get them under the tree with plenty of days left to sit back and enjoy all the Christmas decorations. This year, however, there doesn’t seem to be enough time in the days or weekends to get all I would like accomplished and I know I am not the only one feeling the burn this year, or every year for that matter.
So this post is to acknowledge anyone feeling that they are holding on for dear life this time of year. To put it all in perspective, I am listing out what I have left to get done as well as what I am most looking forward to this year. I’d love to hear what you have left on your to-do’s and what your favorite part is about this time of year.
Elf #1 To Do List:
- Buy presents for Mom, Christopher, and Christopher’s parents
- Buy wrapping paper for said gifts
- Wrapping party!
- Complete 16 more days of blogmas
- No more meltdowns (fingers crossed on this one)
- 1 Secret Santa
- 1 White Elephant
What I am most looking forward to:
- My Mom’s birthday (December 12th)
- Coppess Family Christmas (December 23rd)
- Christmas morning with my mom and sister over a homemade brunch
- Christmas dinner with my dad
- Break from work to lounge and enjoy my family
I am completely blessed and I know how precious time with my family is but someday’s life just catches up with you, ya know? Thanks for letting me rant on this one and using this forum to gain some perspective. So with that, I’m going to pour myself a glass of wine and try and take care of a few more gifts. I’ll be back to regularly and more positive posts tomorrow!
Happy Monday pals!